-------- Original Message --------
|Subject:||Cognos Business Intelligence Consultant|
|Date:||Fri, 3 Oct 2014 09:38:24 -0400|
|From:||Sandeep Jain <email@example.com>|
|To:||'Anurag Tyagi' <firstname.lastname@example.org>|
In person interview is needed directly with top 3 candidates.
Location: Dover, DE
Duration: 9+ months (37.k hrs/week)
The primary responsibility is to develop reports, ensure the availability and facilitate the productive use of Cognos Business Intelligence system.
• Demonstrate expertise in development, support and use of I BM Cognos Business Intelligence Product Suite.
• Responsible for Installing, upgrading and Maintaining Development, Test and Production Cognos environments.
• Responsible for creating new or modifying existing Cognos Framework Models and packages in the framework manager.
• Responsible for gathering and understanding business requirements.
• Responsible for creating the Package, report, folder level security as per the business requirements.
• Responsible to create/modify new query subjects, query items, filters, calculations etc. inside the package.
• Responsible for creating/modify reports; (List reports, Prompt Reports, Charts, Drill Through reports, Dashboards,
· Cross tab reports) based on business requirements.
· Responsible for creating/modifying the Cognos Power play cubes using Power play Transformer as per the business requirements.
· Responsible for scheduling reports on a daily, weekly or monthly basis as per user’s request and monitoring the automated reports for any failures.
• Perform the deployment of Framework Models, Reports, Power play Cubes, Cube reports
· Manage and maintain Cognos Authentication AD (Active Directory) that provides direct access for users to respective applications in all environments.
• Deploying of reports and components from Development, Test to Production environments.
226; Perform administrative tasks, such as maintaining securities, user accounts, roles and groups.
• Maintain Content store, Dispatcher, services, Tuning and Logging.
• Debug and troubleshoot the application packages, reports and system configurations in case of any issues/failures.
• Provide 24/7 Production support for critical report applications.
• Engage in ongoing process improvement to achieve high quality services / products.
• Provide status of work activities and projects to Team Lead.< /p>
• Detailed functional and process knowledge.
• Utilize deep modeling, design and PL/SQL coding skills.
• Excellent client communication skills including customer service.
• Candidate should be able to work in a team environment or independently.
• Provide Detailed documentation on business requirements, system configuration, report design and definition.
Cognos Business Intelligence System 10 Required &nbs p; 3 Years
Advance query and report writing skills with cubes. Required 3 Years
knowledge and principles of Oracle DB 11g or higher Required 3 Years
Requirements gathering, documentation and communication skills. Required 3 &nbs p; Years
knowledge and principles of SQL Server 2010 Highly desired 3 Years
Software People Inc.
Ph: 631-863-0299, 631-410-4741, 631-921-2111 ©
Certifications: SBA 8a/SDB, NY MWBE, VA SWaM, DE OMWBE, MA MWBE