Pages

mercredi 31 août 2011

Re: [sap-career] Career Change into SAP from 3rd line support

Posted by R. N. Wilhite (Senior Project Manager)
on Aug 31 at 10:20 AM
You could certify as a DBA and let that help you into a Basis position. By
my standards, being a certified DBA should always be a prerequisite to
Basis. And it's an elevated job in its self.

You could try to go ABAP, but that will be much harder. Everyone wants to
do ABAP these days and the foot print of SAP just isn't growing that much...

Neal

---------------Original Message---------------
From: Rahul Doal
Sent: Wednesday, August 31, 2011 9:50 AM
Subject: Career Change into SAP from 3rd line support

All,

I have been working in IT since 2003. Over the years i have gained experience in Windows Server 2003, Vmware Esx 3.5 ( clustering, vcb, workstation), Linux, Aix , a little bit citrix, netbackup, security, Cisco CCNA etc.

My role is 3rd line support & design in some aspects. I am hoping to make move into SAP.
I have a BSC in computing, I have done programming in the past and i can pick that up again. and also a MSc in advanced computing.

I have various reasons of changing my career path.

Firstly its money, with family growing and more pressures in life, money rules this world so i would like to make more.

Secondly SAP. because i have seen jobs (experienced) which pay well and there are many prospects in SAP, many paths, and i would like to specialize into 1 area eventually.

But i need to start somewhere. & I really do not know where to start. Any help or advise is welcome.

Looking at my skill set where would i fit in or where do i start.


I would be grateful if someone can point me to the right direction or information i need to read.


Regards

__.____._
Copyright © 2011 Toolbox.com and message author.

Toolbox.com 4343 N. Scottsdale Road Suite 280, Scottsdale, AZ 85251
Mark as helpful
View this online
  
R. N. Wilhite
SAP Career Helper

Posted helpful replies on 5 threads in a group to earn a Bronze Achievement
Popular White Papers

In the Spotlight
Share Knowledge About SAP Scripting. Join the Discussion Group
_.____.__

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire