Pages

mercredi 25 mai 2011

RE:[sap-career] Which module to switch from BaaN ERP Technical to SAP?

Posted by Amit Mokashi (Sr. Technical Consultant)
on May 25 at 5:47 AM
Thanks everyone for the replies.

Further to our discussion regarding SAP, I am still confused about the module to be chosen. I am not looking for a Project Management role, since I am interested in the Techno-Functional role. I am presenting my queries herewith:

* ABAP: After having 6.5 years of experience, I don't want to be in the core coding part again and I don't want to be one amongst the many ABAP developers all over the world where the demand will be less than the supply. And here my experience would speak against me since I would be fresher with ABAP and wherein my actual experience would not be considered. I would like to be as a Techno-Functional Consultant who has knowledge about ABAP but is handling functional modules.

* BI: I would like to do Business Intelligence but I guess it's not a module in SAP ... I guess its platform independent ... is it correct ... and I have no prior experience in Data Warehousing. Will that do?

* Functional modules - (PP/MM/SD): I am considering only these 3 modules here and am not considering FI/CO since I believe it would be too detailed. About these 3 modules, have worked on them in BaaN from the technical perspective and also have a basic idea of these modules, but not sure how these will be in SAP. Will a training in the desired module help me in switching as a Functional Consultant in these modules?

These are some of the questions that arise when I think of choosing module in SAP. Kindly let me know about the same.

Regards,
Amit Mokashi

---------------Original Message---------------
From: Amit Mokashi
Sent: Wednesday, May 11, 2011 1:43 AM
Subject: Which module to switch from BaaN ERP Technical to SAP?

Hi,
I am a Baan ERP Professional with over 6.5 years of technical experience in development, customization, consulting, and implementation of BaaN ERP. I wanted to switch to SAP for better opportunities.
Actually, I was confused about the module that I should choose while switching to SAP, as to whether it should be SAP ABAP or SAP BI/BW?
Can you kindly help me in choosing the right career path while switching to SAP?

Thanks and Regards,
Amit Mokashi

__.____._
Copyright © 2011 Toolbox.com and message author.

Toolbox.com 4343 N. Scottsdale Road Suite 280, Scottsdale, AZ 85251
Mark as helpful
View this online
  
Popular White Papers

In the Spotlight
Earn Recognition for Your Contributions at Toolbox for IT. Gain Points for Community Achievements
_.____.__

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire