Pages

mercredi 11 janvier 2012

Re: [sap-career] SAP ABAP Career - From AS400

Reply from Viet_Tran on Jan 11 at 12:40 PM
Dear Ibrahim:

You put the cart before the horse in your planning if it ever exists. You describe that you first busy yourself, after you have completed the SAP training, with the question whether
"1. First , am I in right direction to change my career into SAP?" and then
"2. If I apply for ABAP position without any experience in SAP, will companies consider my resume? "

The fact of your case reflects that you should learn first and foremost to plan and then act in conformity with it; should you want to succeed in your professional life. Otherwise you would not be able to be in a position to justify your decision which cost you not only time, financial resources and self esteem. And once your self esteem is no longer capable to carry you any further, the end of your own professional career is not too far away.

"12 years of experience" on AS400 is a strong and desirable basis to build your career on. It is the undeniable ticket for you to enter the market through the official front gate. One of the most suitable ways to build your career is to find a bridge from AS400 to SAP. And if you must personally contribute to build that bridge, be prepared to accept your role. On the specific market for AS400 and ERP in general, and SAP in particular, you still have a real chance to find a solution that you can adapt in nurturing your personal career.

Regards,

Viet Tran

---------------Original Message---------------
From: Ibrahim
Sent: Wednesday, January 11, 2012 10:03 AM
Subject: SAP ABAP Career - From AS400

Hello all,

I have 12 years of experience as Application Developer in AS400 technology, which is mostly coding, analysis and design.

In 2011(sometime in June/July) , I have planned to change my career to SAP from AS400. So I have attended training in following SAP modules in Canada.

1. SAP ABAP - Certified.

2. I have also attended SAP BW training and passed BW certification.

Based on my experience as programmer, It was easy to learn and understand ABAP.

Now my question.

1. First , am I in right direction to change my career into SAP?

2. If I apply for ABAP position without any experience in SAP, will companies consider my resume?

Kindly advise.

 
Reply to this email to post your response.
 
__.____._
Manage Settings | Unsubscribe | Create FAQ | Send Feedback
  
Copyright © 2012 Toolbox.com and message author.
Toolbox.com 4343 N. Scottsdale Road Suite 280, Scottsdale, AZ 85251
Viet_Tran  
Business Consultant & Sales Manager
achievements
 
Mark as helpful
View this online
Ask a new question
 
In the Spotlight
Earn Recognition for Your Contributions at Toolbox for IT. Gain Points for Community Achievements

_.____.__

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire