Pages

lundi 9 janvier 2012

[sap-career] SAP MM or IS Retail roles in the UK

Question from pradeep2010 on Jan 9 at 12:47 PM
Hi SAP experts,

I need some giudance on how do I shape my SAP career, having over 7.5 years in SAP (SAP basis - for retail client : 4.5 years; 3 years SAP Retal)

I have over 8 years of SAP market experience, with first 4-5 years in SAP Basis (for retailer), after which I did my MBA (OPS) , post that I started working as a SAP (Assortment and replenishment) Business analyst for a large national retailer (Reliance etail) in India, spend about 3 years as a BA and an SAP super user, learning abou retail business processes (end to end), and controlling various replenishment parameters regarding Inventory planning and stock management. I was then keen on switching over to SAP SCM / IS retail role in UK, but couldnt find opportinities back then. After 2.5 years, I have now decided to leave systems/BA and move back to SAP consulting hence I enrolled for SAP MM training

I am currently working in the UK in a web development company as a Systems consultant (Partner management) and have been out of SAP market for last 2.5 years since I came here.I am looking to switch back to SAP technology consulting career baed on long term career plan.

I did take a few interview calls last year but couldnt get through to a proper interview, probably because I lack indepth technical skills/cusomisation skills which lead to my decision to seek the SAP MM certification to begin with. So I am currently pursuing SAP MM training with intention to take the SAP MM certification exam in the next few months. I am currently half way through the course.

So ATM, my strengths are Retail business knowledge (vendor - assortment planning - DC process - store inbound and store merchandising, stock/inventory management) and SAP technical (basis jobs for retail), and SAP retail business process implementation

Please let me know
- what roles can I expect in the SAP market in UK (whether SAP MM or SAP Retail consultant or SAP retail BA or any other relevant role).
- Also a bit of advice on how to approach the interviews, which I hear tend to get extremely technical.
- What kind of salary (GBP) can I expect for my sort of experience (SAP senior associate / consultant / senior consultant)
- Which are good end user (Retail organizations using SAP as backend) companies or Consulting organisations with a large SAP practice?

Any inputs on these is much appreciated
Thanks a lot in advance.
Pradeep
 
Reply to this email to post your response.
 
__.____._
Manage Settings | Unsubscribe | Create FAQ | Send Feedback
  
Copyright © 2012 Toolbox.com and message author.
Toolbox.com 4343 N. Scottsdale Road Suite 280, Scottsdale, AZ 85251
pradeep2010  
 
View this online
Ask a new question
 
In the Spotlight
Have an SAP Question? Ask Your Peers at Toolbox for IT

_.____.__

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire