Pages

lundi 19 décembre 2011

Re: [sap-career] Senior SAP Resource with a Broad Understanding of the MM, SD, PP, FI and CO Modules

Reply from bellsworth on Dec 19 at 10:06 AM
Dear All -

I started my SAP career as a business end user in PPPI in the late 90's - I
implemented my copmpanie's solution in many countries and states and
then became a consultant for a small reseller and developed an all-in-one
solution.

By virtue of experience, taught myself config in all logistics modules and
am serviceable in Finance - SAP's new best practice scenarios (all
documentation available online) are a great tool for learning.

I cannot say where to find someone like me - but how to find is easy - look
for actual business experience and best practice or all-in-one
implementation experience - candidates from larger consulting firms
typically have more focused experience, smaller consulting firms have
candidates with more cross functional experience.

Those that recruited me required 10 plus years business knowledge as an
emphasis.

My current title is Business Analyst and my role is trouble shooting FM and
GM, as well as FICO - even though I had no experience in those modules,
my general SAP knowledge was enough to help the consultants implementing
their modules because I know SD/MM/PPPI etc.

My letter is to give you hope - most good functional consultants can pick
up the basics of other modules even FICO as long as the business processes
are well understood.

Regards,
Brenda

---------------Original Message---------------
From: R. N. Wilhite
Sent: Friday, December 16, 2011 2:51 PM
Subject: Senior SAP Resource with a Broad Understanding of the MM, SD, PP, FI and CO Modules

What would be the chance of finding someone like this...

The head hunter said that they needed "a Senior SAP resource with a broad understanding of the MM, SD, PP, FI and CO modules, with the ability to evaluate current process implementation and recommend best practices... troubleshoot the various issues and determine the root cause of the problem and design a solution within SAP to solve the issue. "

Here was my response:
"I'd be really surprised if you could find anyone in the world qualified to be a primary consultant on 4 modules. Especially with it including FICO. The only thing more complicated than FICO is PS.

Just a warning here. If you do find someone claiming to be qualified for that and you are concerned that a bad representation would harm your company, then scrutinize the applicant 4 times as hard as you would a normal functional candidate."

What do you think?

Neal

 
Reply to this email to post your response.
 
__.____._
Manage Settings | Unsubscribe | Create FAQ | Send Feedback
  
Copyright © 2011 Toolbox.com and message author.
Toolbox.com 4343 N. Scottsdale Road Suite 280, Scottsdale, AZ 85251
bellsworth  
 
Mark as helpful
View this online
Ask a new question
 
In the Spotlight
Have you explored the Toolbox.com Marketplace? Learn more and access a free course now.

_.____.__

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire