Pages

dimanche 25 décembre 2011

Re: [sap-career] Teaching SAP SD

Reply from ramkiran2 on Dec 26 at 1:09 PM
Hi Typewriter,

I agree with Sarat's opinion that teaching is not definitely
everyone's cup of tea. I have had the opportunity to work as a trainer
and was responsible for handling SAP Order fulfillment certification
batches in the recent past.

From my experience, I feel the single most important trait required
is patience and loads of it. It can get a little challenging when you
are addressing participants coming from diverse industry sectors each
quite experienced in their own field of expertise. The biggest
challenge posed to the participants is the reluctance to unlearn some
accepted concepts and re-learn the same from the SAP perspective and
for the trainer, to adapt very quickly and take into cognizance the
target audience and explain the topic in such a way that everyone is
able to grasp it the first time and every time.

Different people have different styles of teaching, some prefer to
have an organized and structured curriculum and stick to the course, I
personally felt being open minded and spontaneous was helpful in
addressing a lot of questions posed by the participants. Answering the
What, When, Why, and Hows has to be done carefully keeping in mind
the participant's experience in mind. providing an example to which
he/she can relate to helps them understand the subject that much
better.

I wish you all the best and I am sure you will do a great job given
your experience and understanding. :)

Regards,

RK

---------------Original Message---------------
From: Typewriter
Sent: Sunday, December 25, 2011 1:21 PM
Subject: Teaching SAP SD

Hi Saratvamsi,

Many thanks for your post! I have marked it as helpful.

I have also put some thought in to the "repetitive nature" of teaching. And I think teaching the same "material with the same business examples" would make it boring for myself. That is the reason I am thinking of preparing for two years (along side my day job - consultant). I shall be thinking of / preparing many different examples, variations of each topic so that I have a variety of material.

I am not thinking of full-time teaching. At least for the first 5 years of teaching, I would be doing this along side my job as an SD consultant.

If you have other suggestions, advice; please do not hesitate to convey them.

Harsha,

Many thanks for your kind words!

 
Reply to this email to post your response.
 
__.____._
Manage Settings | Unsubscribe | Create FAQ | Send Feedback
  
Copyright © 2011 Toolbox.com and message author.
Toolbox.com 4343 N. Scottsdale Road Suite 280, Scottsdale, AZ 85251
ramkiran2  
SAP OTC Consultant
 
Mark as helpful
View this online
Ask a new question
 
In the Spotlight
Have you explored the Toolbox.com Marketplace? Learn more and access a free course now.

_.____.__

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire