Pages

samedi 31 décembre 2011

Re: [sap-career] What do I need to know to start a career in SAP

Reply from VidhyaDhar on Dec 31 at 10:24 AM
Bravo Viet Tran!

A very honest review of the poster's situation and a realistic and sincere
advice!

Keep it up! I have marked your post as helpful.

Happy New Year to You, Wmabon and all founders and peers of this forum....

Regards,

VidhyaDhar

---------------Original Message---------------
From: Viet Tran
Sent: Saturday, December 31, 2011 12:05 AM
Subject: What do I need to know to start a career in SAP

Friday, December 30, 2011
Dear Wmabon:
Your letter bleeds my heart for you.
The past nine years must be hard for you in a life of a sales man who cannot reach the quotas. It is not only about the money alone, but about the loss of self-esteem. I can feel it with you.
Let me try to answer your three questions, starting with the second one.
"Are there any companies out there that will take a chance with someone as green as me?"
Realistically, I do not see any reason for why any company in real life would reach out for you. The principle of life in business is almost always based on the balance of exchange; and you do not possess, at the current time, any of the items that are sellable to them.
"Are there any websites that you guys recommend to receive some free or inexpensive training?"
For this question I do see tiny silver line for you. There is a huge number of information sources on line for you to explore, to accumulate (missing and needed) knowledge to prepare yourself for a possible career in ERP area, such as SAP. And for your current state of knowledge, the majority of these information sources are free of charges.
If you work hard on these sources, you will recognize that you substantially can increase your knowledge in an acceptable time period.
"What I need to know now is how do I get started?"
The following steps are recommended.
Stick with your current job to have an acceptable living standard. You state that "I have some friends that are SAP consultants and they love what they do and I've learned some things from our conversations and books that I've read." I assume that your "friends" are there for you in this difficult time. Ask them for their insider's knowledge, understanding of SAP. Ask them for a chance to volunteer your work without payment (on a part time basis, for example). Ask them about whether they can provide you with a change to get into SAP so that you can learn first hand about SAP
I wish You a New and Better Year 2012!

Regards,





Viet Tran

 
Reply to this email to post your response.
 
__.____._
Manage Settings | Unsubscribe | Create FAQ | Send Feedback
  
Copyright © 2011 Toolbox.com and message author.
Toolbox.com 4343 N. Scottsdale Road Suite 280, Scottsdale, AZ 85251
VidhyaDhar  
User-friendly SAP FI Consultant
15 achievements
 
Mark as helpful
View this online
Ask a new question
 
In the Spotlight
Toolbox.com for iPhone & Android: Ask Questions & Get Answers Anywhere. Download the Free App

_.____.__

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire