Pages

lundi 24 octobre 2011

Re: [sap-career] SAP Module in Demand in Sacramento, CA

Posted by Roy B (SAP Financials Expert)
on Oct 24 at 11:58 AM
You seem to have no clear idea of what you want to do in SAP so you need to first of all find out much more about it which you can do on the internet. I have never before heard of Lawson and have no idea of it, but it is certainly not a world leader like SAP which is used by many of the biggest companies in the World. You talk about going into a functional module but then mention training for ABAP and Netweaver which are technical rather than functional. To get into a functional module in SAP you need extensive experience in business processes, such as accounting, sales order processing or production management, or, for HR, personnel management. SAP HR and SAP BO are very different. BO is Business Objects, again a more technical side of SAP while HR is functional and requires knowledge of master data management, payroll processing and so forth. Without such business process knowledge you would be starting from zero and would have to get into a job where you could learn the business before even attempting to get into SAP.

As for opportunities in the Sacramento area, I would really not know where to start looking, because you are limiting yourself geographically to a relatively small area. SAP consultants are generally required to be mobile. I, as a European, have worked all over Europe and in Turkey and the USA (New Jersey and Indianapolis) and am always being asked about jobs in other locations. Just today I have spoken to agents and others about jobs in London, Paris, Cologne, Hamburg, Italy and Switzerland, and in the last week also about Austria, Poland, Moscow and Mauritius. That is typical. I would guess your best bet would be to find a company in the Sacramento area that uses SAP and offer your services to them in whatever capacity they need you and then get stuck into learning the SAP system on the job, so that you will eventually find your niche within the company. Make yourself useful, carve out a job for yourself and you can turn it into a career within the company which may lead to offers from other local companies when you have knowledge to offer them. That is the best I can suggest.

Regards,

Roy

Mark as helpful.

---------------Original Message---------------
From: Gomathee Sethuraman
Sent: Monday, October 24, 2011 11:01 AM
Subject: SAP Module in Demand in Sacramento, CA

SAP Career: I have done B.E in computer science. I have experience in Lawson software Distribution and Accounts receivable.

I am in Sacramento. I have experience in Lawson ERP software (Distribution and Accounts Receivable modules for 2 years). I had a break for 5 yrs now got my EAD and planning to shift my career to SAP ERP. Can anyone please advice me:

1. Where to start and which module is in demand in Sacramento? As I cannot travel much because I have a 4 yr old kid.
2. Should I need to go through ABAP and Netweaver Training too, as I am interested in functional side mainly?
3. Would "SAP HR" or "SAP BO" be good for me in Sacramento?
Please advice me.

__.____._
Copyright © 2011 Toolbox.com and message author.

Toolbox.com 4343 N. Scottsdale Road Suite 280, Scottsdale, AZ 85251
Mark as helpful
View this online
  
Roy B
SAP Career Enthusiast

Contributed 500 posts in a group to earn a Silver Achievement
Popular White Papers

In the Spotlight
Toolbox.com for iPhone & Android: Ask Questions & Get Answers Anywhere. Download the Free App

_.____.__

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire