Pages

lundi 31 octobre 2011

Re: [sap-career] SAP Trainer or SAP End User Job

Posted by Debashish_leo
on Oct 31 at 4:00 AM
Hi Neal,

I have gone through your post, found it quite useful. But before I draw any
conclusion, please clarify some of my queries:

*Query # 1*
You asked me why I mentioned the training profile as option as I already
knew I my leg as going to get cut. This was because that I wanted to know
if it would add up to my overall experience in SAP consulting (even if I
would start from a small training institute, which dupes students). I
neither have much passion for teaching nor I have a long term goal to
become a SAP trainer. I just wanted to use my training experience as stop
gap arrangement and a starting point (first step) to move towards to my
ultimate goal of becoming a SAP HR consultant. Please advise if this is a
proper approach or not.

*Query# 2*
You are asking me to go for a SAP certification. I have surveyed many of my
friends and acquaintances, who have done SAP certifications both in HR as
well as in other domains. Almost 85% of them conveyed that the
certification didn't help them to get a job as a SAP consultant. Only those
people (15% approx), who already had prior 2 to 3 experience in SAP
consulting, did the certification add value to their professional
careers.The vast majority of them (85% approx) , who don't have a prior
SAP consulting experience, despite passing the certification test, are
either working as SAP end users or they have returned to their respective
domain jobs or working as trainers in those small time institutes to make
out a living. This is case of those people who had paid approx INR 4
lakhs, for the ILT (some went for the OLT and paid approx INR 2 lakhs) in
those SAP authorized training institutes like NIIT or Siemens. As far as I
am concerned, I don't have any prior experience in SAP Consulting. I only
have 2 years domain experience in HR. Its not amount of money but the value
from money that matters. How can be assured of a job in SAP consulting even
if I spend INR 2 lakhs for my SAP certification (assuming that I go for the
OLT option) ???? And if at all I land up in a job as SAP end user despite
passing the SAP certification, why should I spend INR 2 lakhs in the first
place??? Please advise.

*Query# 3*
You have mentioned SAP end user experience does not configure in the
overall IT experience. Accepted ...But have been advised by many people to
start off as a SAP end user, build good rapport with my seniors supported
by my satisfactory job performance, and in due course of time, migrate to
SAP consulting (implementation or support) with-in 1 or 2 years. Then after
completing 2 years in SAP Consulting, go for the SAP certification. I don't
know haw far this is practical. Please throw some light on this issue.

Waiting to hear from you.

Thanks ----
Debashish

---------------Original Message---------------
From: R. N. Wilhite
Sent: Thursday, October 27, 2011 9:18 AM
Subject: SAP Trainer or SAP End User Job

1) If your trainer actually did anything for you, then you should be able to
pass the certification test. Therefore, you should do so immediately.
Otherwise, I'd say the whole training business was a waste of your time...

2) The first choice doesn't even sound like an option, so I'm not sure why
you mention it. "It's like saying that this guy has offered to cut off my
leg so he can eat it. Should I let him?"

3) End user jobs do not configure and are largely irrelevant to this forum.
Take it or not as you like but this is not the forum for discussing life
outside of IT... All functional and technical SAP jobs are relevant to IT.
Sure the job might eventually add to a HR Functional resume, but that would
be many years away.

Neal

__.____._
Copyright © 2011 Toolbox.com and message author.

Toolbox.com 4343 N. Scottsdale Road Suite 280, Scottsdale, AZ 85251
Mark as helpful
View this online
  
Popular White Papers

In the Spotlight
Toolbox.com Groups Discussions Support BBCode. Share Code Snippets with Peers

_.____.__

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire