Pages

mercredi 19 octobre 2011

RE:[sap-career] What to Choose: SAP or PHP

Posted by DavidC2011
on Oct 19 at 5:08 AM
Hi Kiran.

Why don't you first go to the SAP website? There you will find much information about what SAP is, what modules are available, and the training and other opportunities available. It will also give you an idea of just how big and complex SAP is.

http://www.sap.com will give you the introduction and let you choose the relevant site for your country.

If you have been in web development, perhaps doing some programming as well(?) but you don't like that, then the SAP equivalents would probably not be for you either and the other modules/functions are business area specific e.g. Finance, Sales and Distribution, Materials Management, etc., so you really NEED experience in those areas of business, preferably as a SAP user in that function, before thinking of developing your knowledge of the technical aspects, such as configuration or ABAP programming. For jobs in those roles you don't apply because of your existing SAP knowledge, they will train you in that as they would in any other program, you apply because of your suitability for the function e.g. administration, finance assistant, sales/customer support, etc.

By all means consider your options, but SAP is not an easy area to enter and the learning needed is extensive.

Best of luck.

David

---------------Original Message---------------
From: Kiran Yuvaraj
Sent: Wednesday, October 19, 2011 4:26 AM
Subject: What to Choose: SAP or PHP

Hi SAP gurus,
I am Kiran from Bangalore having one year experience in web-application development in PHP/Mysql. But I am not satisfied with this work so I am thinking of quitting this job and change to some other technical field. As I was discussing with one of my friends he suggested to do course in SAP. Actually I don't know anything about SAP domain. I just know it's an Enterprise Applications.

So my doubt is whether one having just one year of experience in development can take the SAP course? What will be the demand for him after completion of course in company (means whether he can get job with that course)? Also, I heard that SAP is having different modules so which module will fit for me?

So please anyone clear my above doubts. Please that I should continue with same field (PHP/Mysql) or SAP so that it will help me lot in choosing my right career

Thanks in advance.

__.____._
Copyright © 2011 Toolbox.com and message author.

Toolbox.com 4343 N. Scottsdale Road Suite 280, Scottsdale, AZ 85251
Mark as helpful
View this online
  
Popular White Papers

In the Spotlight
Share Knowledge About SAP Scripting. Join the Discussion Group

_.____.__

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire